Thank you so much to Destiny for nominating me! I’m so thrilled and honoured to have been nominated for this award!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award for bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring – people who spread “sunshine” to the blogging world!
TO ACCEPT THIS AWARD, I MUST:
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog.
1. What was the first book you reviewed, and what star rating did you give it?
Undraland by Mary E. Twomey – 5 stars! Loved the entire series and can even remember where I was when I read it!
2. Would you rather DNF a book, or give it a poor star rating?
DNF, because I don’t really want to struggle through books I’m going to give a poor rating to, anyway… It’s a waste of my time and bad for the author, as well.
3. Where do you primarily acquire your books from? (i.e. specific bookstore, library, Amazon, etc.)
I usually get a lot of my books from charity shops and subscription boxes. Lately, I’ve gotten quite a few books from trades and Facebook groups! My preference is to support small, local bookshops and get signed and personalised copies from authors or signings!!!
4. Have you ever/would you ever name a pet after a bookish character?
I totally would. I had a dog named Pongo when I was a kid, which is the closest I’ve come so far. She was a girl 😂😂 oops! We also had two Scottish terriers at the same time. Like 101 Dalmations meets Lady and the Tramp!
5. Is there a song that makes you think of a specific book?
City and Colour – The Girl (A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner) AMAZING book…
6. What was the last book to make your mouth water with its food descriptions?
This one is difficult….Probably The Geography of Lost Things by Jessica Brody because of the coffee orders! I would have tried quite a few of those!!
7. What was the last blog you followed? Give them a shout out!
8. Do you like BookTube? If so, who are your 5 favorite BookTubers?
Confession: I’ve never seen a booktube video…. I have a friend who has a channel thay I’ve been meaning to check out for ages. Check her out at McKinlay’s Bookshelf
9. Is there a bookish theme you refuse to read about, or a genre you won’t touch?
I don’t usually like non-fiction, but there aren’t usually any books I consider ‘no go.’
10. Bookish candles: burn them or preserve them?
It definitely depends on the candle. There are some I’d never dream of burning and others thay smell too good not to burn!
11. What was the last book you hauled?
The last book I bought was Smoke Thieves. The last ones I traded for were The Girl King and A Curse So Dark and Lonely.
- What is your favourite fandom?
- Least favourite genre?
- How many books are on your TBR this month?
- What is your favourite time of day to read?
- When are you most creative?
- Which authors are on your auto-buy list?
- If you could recommend a travel destination, where would it be and why?
- What was your favourite trip ever?
- What’s your favourite review you’ve written?
- Who are your top 3 go-to bloggers when you’re looking for recommendations?
- Who would you most like to meet (living or dead; fictional or real)? Why?
BOOKSTAGRAM . FACEBOOK . TWITTER . GOODREADS